Hermann & Valentiny Architects is an early monograph of the Luxemburg–Vienna based architectural team of Hubert Hermann (b. 1955) and François Valentiny (b. 1953). The richly illustrated book presents conceptual studies, urban architecture, public buildings, residential exhibition and administration buildings, private houses and villas and interior designs from the mid-1980s to the early 1990s. The texts are both in German and English.
According to the back flap blurb, the drawings and projects exhibited in the book document the yearning for a poetic architecture of the senses, which strives for continuity and for a relationship with the past. The introduction has been written by their former professor Wilhelm Holzbauer according to whom:
… it is architecture in transition, illustrative and powerful, done by a generation in transition. Coming on a fork in the road, this is architecture with the potential of hitting on a new, surprising direction.
— Wilhelm Holzbauer, Introduction. In Hermann & Valentiny Architects, p. 10.
The copy in stock is in good condition. The dust jacket shows some shelf wear and the edges of the pages have some slight yellowing.