Architects Kaija and Heikki Siren belong to the generation of great Finnish modernists. Their prolific career started already in the 1950s with their designs for the Otaniemi campus area, most notably the internationally acclaimed Otaniemi Chapel which was completed in 1957 and which was awarded the Carlo Scarpa Prize for Gardens by Fondazione Benetton Studi Ricerche in 2009. The scale of their office portfolio ranges from small, private projects to large developments located not only in Finland but also in countries such as Austria, Japan, France, Iraq and Saudi-Arabia.
The monograph Kaija + Heikki Siren Architects introduces the architect couple and their principal works to the international audience. The introduction has been written by Jürgen Joedicke and the insightful essay “The Architecture of Kaija and Heikki Siren” is by architect Helmut Borcherdt. The book was published in 1977, and it includes a complete list of works until the late 1970s. The beautiful and informative book has been richly illustrated with photographs and architectural drawings. There are two language editions: the Finnish and Swedish version, and the English, German and French version.
The copy in stock is in good condition. The surface of the dust jacket is a bit scratched and the front and back flaps show some minor signs of wear.